Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Clean up and transmission back in.

After getting the transmission out - I took some time to clean up the mounts. It took some elbow grease and some cleaner, but I managed to get the years of grease and grime off.


With new boots, a new shaft seal, new mounts, I got the transmission back into the car. I recommend not tightening the small end of the boots until you have everything back into the car. That allows you to get things aligned and the boots won't be tweaked.


I have also replaced all the rubber hoses for the brake lines. Better to spend the extra money while things are taken apart.

Then I proceeded with the rear wheels. Reassembling everything with new bearings, seals, and even shocks. (The old shocks would compress and STAY that way).


No comments:

Post a Comment