This photo shows the difference between the "new" parts and the old parts. As you can see there is a lot of difference, especially in the length of the spring. I had ordered the correct item, it's just that sometimes the parts aren't exactly what you need. In this case I had to re-use the old springs and retainers.
Here is a photo of the brakes after I have rebuilt them.
As you see - I had not cleaned up everything on the axel. This is going to be a daily driver and not a show car so I am not getting to that level. Maybe someday I'll rebuild it from the ground up but for now I just want to get it back on the road. I replaced everything within the drum, new bearings and seals, the shocks, and the rubber snubbers. I am still going to replace the rubber for the sway arm when they arrive.