Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Clean up and transmission back in.

After getting the transmission out - I took some time to clean up the mounts. It took some elbow grease and some cleaner, but I managed to get the years of grease and grime off.

mount

With new boots, a new shaft seal, new mounts, I got the transmission back into the car. I recommend not tightening the small end of the boots until you have everything back into the car. That allows you to get things aligned and the boots won't be tweaked.

trans-in

I have also replaced all the rubber hoses for the brake lines. Better to spend the extra money while things are taken apart.

Then I proceeded with the rear wheels. Reassembling everything with new bearings, seals, and even shocks. (The old shocks would compress and STAY that way).

read-axle

No comments:

Post a Comment