Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Interior paint removed and more body

Besides the external areas, I also had to move to the inside of the car. I gutted the dash and started cleaning that area up as well. I guess a PO (previous owner) decided that black was a better color for the interior than the original red. Since I was repainting - I thought to return to the correct color inside and out.


This took a lot of work since the underside of the dash has a LOT or little bumps and dips. I used a liquid paint stripper to get to some of the harder to reach areas. Be careful when using this stuff and make sure it's well ventilated and you are wearing the proper clothes and gloves.


After a lot of hard work, I managed to get the old paint off and the base primer put on.

Interior Primed

I also worked on the roof. When they put the roof rack on, it wasn't mounted correctly and dented all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment